- 10 large jalapeño peppers
- 2 ½ cups chihuahua cheese
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup Omen Jalapeno Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
1. Wash jalapeño peppers. After drying, slice off the stem then split down the middle lengthwise.
2. Using a small spoon, remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers. Place on parchment paper lined baking pan and set aside.
3. Remove chorizo from casing and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Drain grease from the pan and let cool.
4. Once the chorizo has cooled, stir in the cheese, Omen Hot Sauce, and cilantro…mixing thoroughly.
5. Spoon the mix into the empty peppers, distributing evenly.
6. Place the pan under a broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the peppers have softened.
Makes 20 pieces and serves roughly five people.