- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 3 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 can of bamboo shoots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Soothsayer Perdition Hot Sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup radicchio
- 1 carrot
- 2 green onion stalks
- Olive oil
1. Chop mushrooms into ¼ inch chunks, including stems. Place into a bowl and top with soy sauce and 2 tbsp of Perdition hot sauce. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Mince garlic and grate ginger, add to pan once hot. Sautee until fragrant.
3. Open and drain the can of bamboo shoots, add to frying pan. Immediately top with mushroom/sauce mixture. Sauté until the mushrooms cook down, roughly 10 minutes, stirring frequently for even coverage.
4. As the mushrooms cook, thinly slice the green onion/radicchio and grate the carrot. Mix together.
5. Once mushrooms are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer the mixture to a food processor while leaving most of the liquid in the pan.
6. Pulse food processor to rough chop mushrooms and bamboo shoots, do not fully blend. If the mixture looks dry or won’t combine properly, spoon in cooking liquid at discretion and pulse until satisfied.
7. Peel 4-6 whole leaves from head of lettuce, removing any thicker parts of the stem.
8. Spoon mushroom mixture into lettuce cups, toping with green onion/radicchio/carrot mixture. Add final portion of Perdition hot sauce per taste. As Marilyn Monroe taught us, some like it hot.
Recipe makes 4-6 lettuce cups depending on how much is portioned per leaf. Don’t be greedy, there’s enough to share.