- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Soothsayer Harbinger Hot Sauce
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 whole wheat pitas (optional)
- Perdition slaw mix (optional, see recipe)
- Omen hummus (optional, see recipe)
1. Peel and rough chop onion and garlic, place into food processor.
2. Rough chop parsley and cilantro, add to food processor.
3. Open can of chickpeas and drain. Once drained, add to food processor along with salt, sesame seeds, and hot sauce.
4. Process until blended, but still chunky.
5. Add flour and baking flour, pulse until mixed.
6. Remove paste and place into a bowl. Refrigerate for at least two hours, until mixture thickens.
7. Form the mixture into golf ball sized spheres and place on a parchment paper covered plate.
8. Pour panko crumbs onto a separate plate. Take each falafel ball and press each side into panko, shaping the ball into a patty.
9. Fry patties in vegetable oil heated to 375F (roughly a half inch cover of your preferred pan), 1-2 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
10. Stuff into pita with optional hummus and slaw. Or go nuts and eat them right on the spot. Be careful, they’re hot.
Recipe makes roughly 16 falafel patties, serving 4.